Hunter - HPC-400 - PRO-C Hydrawise 4 Station Modular WiFi Outdoor/Indoor Controller
The HPC combines the power of Wi-Fi-based irrigation management and the convenience of modular functionality into one next-generation controller. HPC helps contractors save time, save water, protect landscapes, and meet the demands of customers who want smart home solutions. In addition, it lets contractors continue using their Roam and Roam XL remotes for quick on-site management.
- Number of stations:
- Conventional wiring from 4 to 23 stations (PCM Expansion Modules Sold Separately)
- Hybrid EZ Decoder option up to 32 total stations (PC-DM & EZ-1 Decoders Sold Separately)
- 28 stations maximum if two-wire only (Use of PC-DM & EZ-1 Decoders only)
- Modular 4-Station Base, Plastic Outdoor Wall Mount
- 5' cord and American plug pre-installed - 120 VAC Internal Transformer
- Standard programming option allows for 6 independent irrigation programs and 6 start times per program
- 1 sensor input available for use with any Clik sensor or HC Flow Meter
- 1 P/MV output for pump start relay and master valve activation
- Wi-Fi enabled for quick connection to Hydrawise Software
- Uses Hydrawise web-based software to offer automatic watering schedule updates
- 2¾" full-color touchscreen display for Wi-Fi setup, zone testing, and offline programming at the control panel
- Built-in milliamp sensor for wire fault detection and alerts
- Roam and Roam XL compatible
- Warranty: 2 years
Among the controller's many robust features is Predictive Watering™, which adjusts irrigation schedules based on local, real-time temperature, rainfall probability, wind, and humidity. A built-in milliamp sensor makes troubleshooting wiring issues easy. By adding a simple-to-install HC Flow Meter, users can receive notifications regarding leaking pipes or broken sprinklers. Users can also manage the controller from anywhere using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The HPC is EPA WaterSense approved. Hydrawise is also compatible with Amazon Alexa for convenient voice control to start, stop, and suspend irrigation.
- Transformer input: 120 VAC
- Transformer output (24 VAC): 1 A
- Controller maximum current draw: 0.8 A
- Station output (24 VAC): 0.56 A
- P/MV output (24 VAC): 0.28 A
- 2.4 GHz (only) Wi-Fi router compatible, 802.11 b/g/n 20 MHz
- Supported security protocols: WPA/WPA2 Personal (only), TLS, SSL
- Approvals: IP44 (outdoor), UL, cUL, FCC, CE, RCM, ISED
Important: Ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal. Wi-Fi coverage can be easily tested using a smartphone and the Hunter Wi-Fi Wizard. A signal strength of two or three bars is recommended. Wi-Fi connectivity can also be tested on the HPC itself (signal strength is shown when you select a wireless network).
- HPC Spec Sheet
- Installation Guide for Hydrawise-Ready Controllers
- HPC Hydrawise Brochure
- PCM-1600 Installation Guide
- PC-DM Installation Guide