Hunter - HCC-800-PL - HCC 8-Station Outdoor Controller (Plastic)
The next-generation HCC controller brings the powerful Wi-Fi-based irrigation management capabilities of the industry-leading Hydrawise™ platform to high-end residential, commercial, and public-sector projects. The HCC provides a range of convenient features to monitor larger projects — all with the simple click of a button.
The HCC combines robust features of the popular ICC2 controller with automatic, weather-based daily adjustments of Hydrawise programming to create a smart and economical solution for commercial landscape management. HCC can control up to 54 stations* and effectively operate any two stations simultaneously. The controller’s convenient modular design allows for rapid expandability with the same 4-, 8-, and 22-station output modules as the ICC2. Engineered with a prewired SmartPort®, HCC is also compatible with Hunter’s ROAM and ROAM XL remotes, allowing for fast and reliable manual operation in the field from long-range distances without the need for a smartphone.
With a built-in milliamp sensor, troubleshooting faulty wires is a breeze. Easily install an HC Flow Meter to accurately monitor flow, prevent wasted water, and avoid damaged landscapes.
* Expandable in 4-, 8-, 22-, and 54-station increments
- Number of stations:
- Conventional: 8 to 38 (plastic), 8 to 54 (metal and pedestal)*
- With two-wire EZDS: up to 54 (all enclosure options)
- Standard programming option allows for 6 independent irrigation programs and 6 start times per program
- Advanced programming option provides station-based programming with up to 6 total start times available
- Any 2 programs or stations can operate simultaneously, providing more efficient watering
- 2 sensor inputs available for use with any Clik sensors and HC Flow Meter
- 1 P/MV output for pump start relay and master valve activation
- Wi-Fi enabled for quick connection to Hydrawise software
- 31/4" full-color touchscreen display for simple programming at the control panel
- Built-in milliamp sensor for wire fault detection and alerts
- Transformer input: 120/230 VAC
- Transformer output (24 VAC): 1.4 A
- Station output (24 VAC): 0.56 A
- P/MV output (24 VAC): 0.56 A
- 2.4 GHz (only) Wi-Fi router compatible, 802.11 b/g/n 20 MHz
- Supported security protocols: WPA/WPA2 Personal and Enterprise, TLS, SSL
- Approvals: Plastic Wall Mount IP44, NEMA 3R, Plastic Pedestal IP34, UL, cUL, FCC, CE, RCM
- Warranty period: 5 years
User Installed Options
- Rain-Clik for rain sensor shutdown
Manuals & Literature
- HCC Product Cutsheet
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Guide
- Contractor Brochure
- Homeowner Brochure
- Commercial Systems Brochure
- HCC Brochure
HYDRAWISE EPA WATERSENSE APPROVED SMART WATERING
All Hydrawise compatible controllers connected to Hydrawise web-based software are EPA WaterSense approved Smart Watering Controllers. Hydrawise Predictive Watering™ allows the controller to adjust schedules based on forecasted temperature, rainfall probability, wind and humidity to provide the maximum water savings you come to expect from a Hunter smart controller.
The HCC controller has a full graphical touchscreen interface, which allows for programming and manual operation at the controller, with or without Wi-Fi connectivity.
PREDICTIVE WATERING™ ADJUSTMENTS
Daily schedule adjustments based on local weather data monitor past, current and forecasted temperature, rainfall, humidity, and wind speed. This allows for adjustments of watering times and schedules to balance water savings with water efficiency for plants.
FLOW METER DETECTION AND ALERTS
Monitor your piping and sprinklers with an optional HC Flow Meter. Receive automatic alerts when a pipe is broken to prevent property damage.
WIRING DETECTION AND ALERTS
The HCC continuously monitors electrical current flowing to solenoid valves. If the current is too high or too low, Hydrawise will send an alert to indicate which valve is not working properly. This allows for quick diagnosis and repair before damage is done to the landscape.
CYCLE AND SOAK
This water-saving feature allows the operator to specify a maximum cycle time for each single station in hours, minutes, or seconds, followed by a minimum soak time, to prevent runoff from slopes or saturated soil. The operator can enter any run time, and the controller will automatically divide it into cycles to allow the water to be absorbed during the soak periods. The feature is adjustable for each individual station, and provides scheduling flexibility for unique soils and site conditions.
PROGRAMMABLE RAIN DELAY
The Programmable Rain Delay feature incorporates a user specified number of days to keep the controller in the OFF mode, then allows for the system to automatically revert back to scheduled irrigation. This will prevent watering during an extended period of inclement weather, but will resume watering automatically without requiring a return visit to the controller.
DELAY BETWEEN STATIONS
Users can program a delay between stations as the controller advances from one station to the next. This delay can range from a few seconds (to permit slow-closing valves additional time to close) to a much longer period of time (to allow pressure tanks time to recharge), based on user requirements.