DIG - Add It™ 1 Pint Proportional Fertilizer Injector w/ Backflow Device (3/4'' FHT x MHT) - AFI 5016-HV
Economical, flexible and easy-to-use, Add-It™ 1 Pint (.47 L) Automatic Proportional Fertilizer Injectors is ideal for feeding lawns, shrubs, trees, flowers, raised beds, vines and potted plants automatically without a pump, spreaders or hoses. It is constructed of heavy-walled, UV-resistant, PVC without any moving parts for maintenance free operation. No pump or outside power source is required. Simply use the Add-It™ Automatic Proportional Fertilizer Injectors to apply the optimum rate of preset fertilizer or additive to benefit your plants with no leftover residues or minerals.
*This model includes a backflow prevention device.
- Operating pressure: 10 to 60 PSI (.7 to 4.2 BAR)
- Minimum operating pressure: 10 PSI (.7 BAR)
- Minimum flow rate: .5 GPM (2 L/M)
- Sizes: 1 pint (.47 L)
- Preset Ratio: 100:1, 100 parts water to 1-part additive
- Temperature range: up to 130°F (54°C)
- Inlet and outlet threads: FHT Inlet X MHT outlet
- Material: PVC
- Mounting position: Vertical
- Hose thread: Black body with blue caps
- Pipe thread: Black body with gray caps
- size: 4" W X 10" H (15.8 CM W X 25.4 CM H)
*Not recommended to be installed under constant line pressure.
- An Economical way to apply nutrients
- Simple and Easy to Install
- Constructed of heavy-walled, UV-resistant, PVC without any moving parts for maintenance free operation
- Work with any liquid or water-soluble dry fertilizers
- No pump or outside power source is required
- Apply fertilizer proportionately and evenly throughout a drip system or conventional sprinkler irrigation system with no pressure loss and without any moving parts
- Ideal for residential, commercial, greenhouse and nurseries
- The liquid fertilizer applied is absorbed easily by a plant’s root system
- The Add-It® fertilizer injectors have received the prestigious AE50 award of recognition from the American Society of Agricultural Engineers for outstanding innovations in product design
How It Works
How Add-It™ Proportional Automatic Fertilizer Injectors Operate The fertilizer additive is placed into the Add-It™ Automatic Proportional Automatic Fertilizer Injector canister and it does not become diluted as the irrigation system operates. Through a unique hydraulic design, a small amount of water is diverted from the main line flowing through the unit canister and then is forced into the top. A slight pressure differential is created between the inlet and the outlet drawing the fertilizer out from the bottom of the canister. The water coming into the top of the Add-It™ Proportional Automatic Fertilizer Injector canister is lighter than the solution of fertilizer in it. The liquid fertilizer solution has a heavier specific gravity then the water. Therefore, the water sits on top of the solution of fertilizer and not mixing with it. The distribution of the fertilizer is the same from beginning to end. After the fertilizer solution has been dispensed, the canister will contain only water.