Christys - RH-PURP-PT-12 - Red Hot Purple Primer (Pint)
- Professional grade, aggressive primer for use on PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings
- Aggressive formulation softens pipe & fittings prior to application of solvent cement
- Purple color enables visual confirmation that primer has been applied.
- For use with any Christys Solvent Cement, excluding ABS.
- Not for use on ABS pipe and fittings
|Maximum Pipe Diameter:||N/A|
|Relative Set Time:||N/A|
|Industry Performance Specifications:||ASTM F-656
NSF/ANSI 14, NSF/ANSI 61
|Product Specification Sheet:||View PDF|
|Compare To:||IPS P-70, Oatey Purple Primer|
DIRECTIONS: The function of Christys® Purple Primer is to penetrate and soften the mating surfaces of plastic pipe and fittings to be solvent cemented. This may be considered an optional aid for small diameter piping up through 2� and recommended for sizes 2 1/2� and larger and for Schedule 80 and CPVC or where local codes specify a primer. Use within 3 years of date stamped on bottom of can. Do not use primer on ABS pipe or fittings.
1. To check penetration “ while still wet, scrape, scratch or abrade away a few thousandths of the primed surfaces to be bonded.
2. Use proper size applicator (dauber, brush, roller, swab) at least 1/2 the diameter of the pipe. Work into pipe in a scrubbing motion. Do not simply paint-on or wipe on/off with a rag. 3. Avoid puddling primer in joints and excess primer in bell end of pipe. Apply primer to female end first until totally wet and soft.
4. Apply to male end of pipe area equal to female end socket depth.
5. Reapply to female end.
6. Immediately and while surfaces are wet, apply appropriate Christy PVC/CPVC Cement following the instructions on cement can.
7. DO NOT TEST FINISHED JOINT WITH AIR. STORE BETWEEN 40ºF (4ºC) AND 110ºF (43ºC).
PRECAUTIONS: Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood
¢ Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking ¢ Obtain special instructions before use ¢ Do not eat, drink, or smoke when using this product ¢ Wear protective gloves/eye protection/face protection ¢ Wash hands thoroughly after handling ¢ Avoid breathing fumes/gas/vapours ¢ Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area ¢ Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed ¢ Store Locked up ¢ IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing ¢ IF EXPOSED or concerned: Get medical advice/ attention ¢ IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing ¢ IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell ¢ Do not induce vomiting. Rinse Mouth ¢ Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations