Christys - Red Hot Blue Glue (1/2 Pint) - RHBG
Red Hot Blue Glue
- Contractor Preferred... "The Original Blue Glue that quickly bonds PVC pipe & fittings for fast pressurization and maximum productivity
- The industrys highest quality "Blue Glue - Premium formulation designed to bond in wet, dry and humid conditions
- Industrys fastest acting solvent cement with the most active ingredients
- Can be used without a primer for non-pressure systems up to 6" and pressure systems below 4", if local codes permit
- For PVC pipe and fitting applications; potable water, pressure, non-pressure, conduit, drain, duct, DWV and sewer
|Maximum Diameter:||6" PVC Schedule 40 all classes and schedules.
4" Schedule 80.
|Relative Set Time:||Very Fast Set|
|Industry Performance Specifications:||ASTM D-2564|
|Product Specification Sheet:||View PDF|
|Compare To:||No Direct Comparison - Industryâ‚¬„¢s highest quality Blue Glue from the leading producer of high performance solvent cements|
DIRECTIONS: For use on PVC plastics. Stir and use as is. DO NOT THIN CEMENT. Discard if jellied. Use within 3 years of date stamp on can.
1) Cut pipe square, deburr, and wipe clean. Make a trial dry fit - pipe should fit snugly 1/3 - 2/3 snugly into fitting. Use an adequate sized applicator at last 1/2 size of pipe diameter Dauber, brush, roller or swab. Apply Christys Primer if required by local code. Uniform Plumbing Code requires the use of a purple primer. CAN BE USED WITHOUT A PRIMER IF LOCAL CODES PERMIT for non-pressure systems up to 6" and pressure systems below 4".
2) Apply a full, even coat of cement to outside of pipe and medium coat of cement o inside of fitting. Coat pipe a second time. Quickly assemble joint while cement is still fluid on both parts. If dry, pipe and fitting must be re-coated. Push and rotate pipe into fitting until pipe bottoms in socket. Hold together until joint sets (approx. 30 seconds).
3) Remove excess cement. Leave joint undisturbed for at least 10 minutes. Full joint strength should be reached within 24 hours depending upon temperature and humidity. See installation Guide for product set and cure time and additional information. STORE BETWEEN 40 °F (4 °C) and 110 °F (43 °C) DO NOT TEST WITH AIR.