Armada Technologies - Pro900 - Digital Cable Locator
The Armada Technologies Pro900 Advanced Underground Locator is designed to track underground wiring and find lost sprinkler valves. In addition, broken or severely damaged wires may also be located.
The complete Pro900 kit consists of:
- (1) Pro900R Receiving Wand
- (1) Pro900T Transmitter and Carrying Case
- (1) Pro-H3 Stereo Headset
- (1) AC Wall Power Unit
- (1) Pro-IC2 Inductive Clamp
- (1) Pro-GS1 Ground Stake
- (1) Set of Black/Red Connecting Leads
- (1) Operating Manual
- Three methods for applying tracking signals including two that are connectionless.
- Tracking signals for short-or-shallow wires, and for long-or-deep.
- Receiver antenna switches between ‘null’ and ‘peak’ with the push of a button.
- Receiver filtering improves tracking around power panels and transformers.
- Tracks buried AC power lines.
- Membrane switch technology with backlit digital displays
- Continuous or Beeping Signal Tone.
- External Speaker or Stereo Headset.
Pristine Reception with Complete AC Interference Rejection
The Pro900 Digital Underground Cable Locator is the #1 locator at Armada and is a full featured digital underground locator for contractors and maintenance personnel. Incorporating three different locating frequencies, the Pro900 tracks metallic cabling, including CATV, electrical, telephone, sprinkler, and lighting. The Pro900 transmits solid or intermittent signals that are easy to follow. The digital signal reception allows for crystal clear tone reception in most situations with either null or peak reception and features a KOSS stereo headset.
When you first use the Pro900, immediately you notice the clear, clean, interference free signal. No buzzing, no AC crackling, no drowning of your signal beneath the local electrical transformer or electric cable. All of that garbage is filtered out. What remains is a distinct beeping or continuous tone, easy to follow, easy to track. In addition, the added digital sensitivity allows for reception signal changes over splices, decoders, and other anomalies. It takes a little practice, but subtle underground changes in wire/cable features can be located, marked, and dug up.
Another big advantage to the Pro900 is its 2 inductive mode capabilities. The Pro900 has both the new IC3 inductive clamp and inductive antenna modes. These wireless connection methods give the Pro900 incredible flexibility when tracking wires and cable that you either cant or dont wish to disconnect, like live electrical or in-service CATV lines.
The Pro900 incorporates a 50/60Hz passive locating mode, which identifies electrical sources (power cables) and tracks them without using a transmitter of any kind. Contractors can identify the path of 50/60 Hz underground cables without disconnecting them or connecting to the cable.
The Pro900 uses the triangulation method for depth determination. Simply acquire the wire path in the null mode, place the receiver at a 45 degree angle to that path, move the receiver horizontally in the direction the receiving wand is leaning and when you get the null again, the distance traveled is the depth of the wire.