Christy's - Red Hot Clear Glue-Low VOC (Pint) - RH-RHCV-PT
Contractor Preferred... Quickly bonds PVC welding surface for fast pressurization and maximum productivity
- Clear formulation of Red Hot Blue Glue. Industry's fastest acting cement with the most active ingredients designed to bond in wet, dry and humid conditions
- Can be used without a primer for non-pressure systems up to 6" and pressure systems below 4", if local codes permit
- Clear formulation for clean joints in exposed installations
- For PVC pipe and fitting applications; potable water, pressure, non-pressure, conduit, drain, duct, DWV and sewer
DIRECTIONS: For use on PVC plastics. Stir and use as is. DO NOT THIN CEMENT. Discard if jellied. Use within 3 years of date stamp on can.
1) Cut pipe square, deburr, and wipe clean. Make a trial dry fit - pipe should fit snugly 1/3 - 2/3 snugly into fitting. Use an adequate sized applicator at last 1/2 size of pipe diameter Dauber, brush, roller or swab. Apply Christyâ€™s Primer if required by local code. Uniform Plumbing Code requires the use of a purple primer. CAN BE USED WITHOUT A PRIMER IF LOCAL CODES PERMIT for non-pressure systems up to 6" and pressure systems below 4".
2) Apply a full, even coat of cement to outside of pipe and medium coat of cement o inside of fitting. Coat pipe a second time. Quickly assemble joint while cement is still fluid on both parts. If dry, pipe and fitting must be re-coated. Push and rotate pipe into fitting until pipe bottoms in socket. Hold together until joint sets (approx. 30 seconds).
3) Remove excess cement. Leave joint undisturbed for at least 10 minutes. Full joint strength should be reached within 24 hours depending upon temperature and humidity. See installation Guide for product set and cure time and additional information. STORE BETWEEN 40 °F (4 °C) and 110 °F (43 °C) DO NOT TEST WITH AIR.